Bootstrap Book Club is reading A Place of Yes by Bethenny Frankel beginning August 19th. We’re keeping the discussion time short, focusing on the book through September 3rd while the club votes on our next book.
We just wrapped The Personal MBA. It was a great book that most of those who read it in the club would recommend. However, it was a pretty dense read for the summer. Our two hosts, Stacia Loo and Rachel Chiavaras did a fantastic job hosting the discussion in the Facebook Group, making it something everyone could get in on. So, for the rest of the summer, we’re going to keep the conversation light and fun with the former Real Housewife, founder of the SkinnyGirl empire, and new talk show host, Bethenny.
Help YFE spread the word by clicking to tweet this message: ”Read #aplaceofyes by @Bethenny with @YFEntrepreneur this month http://yfe.me/new-yes in Bootstrap Book Club.”
Monday, August 12th — Grab the book and start reading
Monday, August 19th — Live webcast kickoff on YFElive.com
Tuesday, August 20th — Rules 1, 2
Saturday, August 24th — Rules 3, 4
Tuesday, August 27th — Rules 5, 6
Saturday, August 31st — Rules 7, 8
Tuesday, September 3rd — Rules 9, 10
More on the club:
Bootstrap Book Club is a place where women entrepreneurs gather to read, connect with each other and share our experiences, and take action to grow.
Format: A new question will be posted in the private Facebook Group on Tuesdays and Saturdays each week. Request to join the Facebook Group at Facebook.com/groups/BootstrapBookClub
- Pick up the book (not a subscriber to Audible yet? Join today using this link to support the club and get A Place of Yes for free).
- Introduce yourself. Tell us who you are, what your business is about, and the best book you’ve read recently.
- Join the YFE #mailedit list and check the Bootstrapped Book Club box to stay informed of what we’re up to
- Invite a friend to join us (here’s an easy link to share: www.yfe.me/bootstrapbooks)
Support the book club, by signing up for a new subscription to Audible at audibletrial.com/ovaleye.
Audible is our preferred way to consume a book:
- it ensures you read it, by allowing you to multitask
- feel inspired by hearing the author read it outloud
- most Audible books will include additional content for the reader
- If the book is a workbook-type book you can still purchase the paperback version to use afterward to go back and work off of if necessary. Most authors today provide .pdf downloads though of any worksheets or material they feel need to be written out.